German Duftstars, Canadian Fragrance Awards ~ the 2008 winners

Duftstar logo

The Fragrance Foundation of Germany has announced the winners for the 2008 Duftstars awards, the German version of the Fifi awards for best fragrances. And the winners are:

Women's Exclusive ~ Tom Ford Private Blend Collection

Men's Exclusive ~ Creed Virgin Island Water

Women's Prestige ~ Prada Infusion d’Iris

Men's Prestige ~ Diesel Fuel for Life

You can see the rest of the category winners at fragrancefoundation.de.

The 3rd annual Canadian Fragrance Awards ceremony, sponsored by Rogers Media/Cosmetics Magazine, was held on April 24. And the winners are:

Best Luxe Launch Women's ~ Marc Jacobs Daisy

Best Luxe Launch Men's ~ Narciso Rodriguez For Him

Best Limited Launch Women's ~ Elle Yves Saint Laurent

Best Limited Launch Men's ~ Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Male

Best Full-market Launch Women's ~ Gwen Stefani L, LAMB

Best Full-market Launch Men's ~ Diesel Fuel for Life

The award for Best Fragrance Editorial - Broadcast or Web went to Marian Bendeth's Interview with Les Christophs at Basenotes, and many thanks to Grant at Basenotes for providing the list of winners.

By the way, Canadian Fragrance Week takes place from May 3 through the 10th.

See also: the Fragrance Awards Page.

1. Anonymous says:

There is one in each country's list that I do not understand: FFG – Diesel Fuel For Life and CFA – Elle Yves Saint Laurent.

2. Anonymous says:

Yay Tom Ford Private Blend Collection ! I love those frags ! Way to go Germany !! That's all :)

3. Anonymous says:

Probably the only one I'd vote for is the Prada.

4. Anonymous says:

I'm terrible — I still haven't smelled them!

5. Anonymous says:

I like most of them, and even if I cannot wear them all, I appreciate the way they're done. But then again, I am a TF fan :) I'd like to know what you think when you get around to testing them.

Cannot wait for his new frag, it's turning out to be quite a long wait :)

6. Anonymous says:

the TFPB is just a perfect mix of beautiful fragrances, luxury packaging and perfect marketing. in hamburg you have to be on a waiting list-imagine! just to spend 140 euro for one of them. too much for me. gorgeous alos the big bottles fpr about 400 euro, where you can use the EDP as a splash. might smell like a brothell but nevermind… i love the TF but i was not happy with hes last adds where women=sexhungry sl***s.

7. Anonymous says:

Smartylicious, not sure I ever will — too cheap to pay for samples, and didn't like the 4 I smelled on paper — I know it's heresy, but thought they smelled like unfinished mods for other scents. But who knows, maybe samples will drop in my lap one day :-)

8. Anonymous says:

Too much for me too, and kind of think the hype is all because of the packaging & marketing & not the scents…guessing that if they were from some unknown name, there wouldn't be a waiting list. But I'm a cynic so ignore me :-)

9. Anonymous says:

if you want to sell something, sell it with sex and/or make it very expensive and limited. it works obviously. i agree on the hype, but the scents are nice. i would rather spend it on l'artisan parfumeur, the bottles are nicer and the scents also, at least when i think of chasse aux papillons. the common german just loves stuff like boss or armani, stuff that everyone likes, perfume fast-food. so it is something that TF won a prize.

10. Anonymous says:

I love Prada and once I have sampled Daisy and to be honest it was a very nice surprise, there must be some apple in Daisy but it is more like a slice of apple in a glass of the finest sparking champagne. Yes that is how I would describe Daisy: like a wonderful champagne that one carries through a spring garden in early morning dew.

Very pleasant.

Elle and Diesel cannot even come close to Prada and Marc Jacobs.

11. Anonymous says:

Agree: sex/expensive/hard to get == success!

12. Anonymous says:

I'd rate the Elle way above the Diesel too, but then, I really did not like the Diesel (either the men's or the women's).