Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Printemps ~ new fragrance

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Printemps perfumeChristian Dior has launched Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Printemps, a new limited edition flanker for 2005's Miss Dior Chérie:

Miss Dior Chérie, impertinent and irreverent as always, surprises and enchants all over again with the new Eau de Printemps Eau de Parfum Spray. Inspired by designer Christian Dior's love of flowers, Eau de Printemps is a glorious blend of Chérie's irrepressible chypre notes with three fresh floral essences: sanguine orange essence, orange blossom and rose essence, and vetyver essence.

Enjoy the heady luxury of freedom all over again with Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Printemps. Young. Exhilarating. Fresh. The very essence of spring.

Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Printemps is "less gourmand and chypre than the original, and more floral instead". It is available now at Nordstrom; 50 ml for $53. (first quote via nordstrom, second quote via osmoz)

Also new from Christian Dior: Dior Homme Intense, La Collection Particuliere Passage N°4, N°8 & N°9.

1. Anonymous says:

This is so weird.

-They had a Miss Dior back in the forties that was supposed to be youthful, etc.

-Then to make it MORE fresh and young they came out with Miss Dior Cherie- which was sweet and fruity, etc.

-Now THAT one needs a fresher/younger version. Really?

If perfume keeps getting younger and fresher it's going to create a wormhole. LOL! Maybe they've just run out of names?

*the little girl in me is loving that bottle! the rest of me is rolling my eyes.

2. Anonymous says:

Spring is simply not a good season for flankers…

3. Anonymous says:

When they say “less gourmand and chypre than the original”, what original are they talking about? The actual original was a real chypre, but clearly not gourmand; the relaunch of Miss Dior in the 1990s was also a chypre, and very very good, but also not gourmand. Miss Dior Cherie is not anybody's definition of a proper chypre, I would think, except in that nonsensical new-fangled sense that nearly anything with patchouli in it is called a chypre nowadays; it is, however, gourmand, as anything with a caramel-popcorn note would have to be.
    I agree that if they make the line any more youthful, you'll have to be dabbing it on fetuses.

4. Anonymous says:

LOL at the wormhole idea, that is perfect!!!

I like that bottle too, except for the bow.

5. Anonymous says:

Perhaps so, but it seems to be when we get most of them :-)

6. Anonymous says:

Ah, certain they're talking about the new one, not the “real” Miss Dior.

I am slowly coming to terms with the idea of “modern chypres”, but even then, agree entirely that MDC just doesn't fit.

7. Anonymous says:

I love Miss Dior Cherie! I bought it expressly for my wedding. I can't wait to try this one!

8. Anonymous says:

Good — always glad when a fan shows up! Hope you'll love this new one then. Don't know when you got married, but that bottle would be a perfect anniversary present.

9. Anonymous says:

The rose lovin' part of me wants this!

10. Anonymous says:

Then hope you will get some :-)

11. Anonymous says:

“Sanguine orange”? Is this a blood orange or is it a cheerful fruit with a ruddy complexion? Aren't we skating awfully close to my nemesis, the fruity floral?

12. Anonymous says:

I never thought of Cherie as all that green, and I have to agree that it's a very food-y sweet scent.
    This is just me, but I think that it could be interesting if they threw a little bit of chypre in the mix with the Pritemps.

13. Anonymous says:

It seems that orange blossom is omnipresent in so many fragrances…

14. Anonymous says:

LOL — I didn't even notice that! Miss Dior Cherie already skates pretty close to your nemesis :-)

15. Anonymous says:

True, although you won't get any complaints from me.

16. Anonymous says:

MissNeoNatalDiorCherie?

lol to wormhole!

this obsession with being young and feeling young!

17. Anonymous says:

Hi Robin im not sure where to post this but i was wondering if you could give me a few pin pointers on which perfumes are considered 'sexy' perfumes.? as im looking for one and am overwhelmed with all thats out there as they seem to smell all similiar. I'm posting from australia by the way and am 25 and great blog and am a fan . i'm always wanting to read reviews about new perfumes then go and smell them on the card or on myself. i then put the cards on a shelf and throughout the day i smell the cards and see which has changed, which has disappeared which has the longest staying power.!

18. Anonymous says:

Look on the left hand column under “Favorite Articles” and you'll see a link to an article & poll about sexy fragrances, maybe you'll find something helpful there!

And thanks for the kind words :-)

19. Anonymous says:

I just have to have a Miss Dior Cherie of some kind bottle.
    And I like the perfume enough to get one this year.
    I can see myself get to this 50 plus bottle this year, and then 100 is next. While this has always been a dream, I am beginning to feel a bit deranged.
    And I would like to have a child next year and it would be good to have money to send them to college :)

20. Anonymous says:

Money for college is good too!

21. Anonymous says:

I had no expectations whatsoever from the printemps,but tried it anyway today and loved it! It's not like miss dior cherie at all,that one I couldn't stand.So what are the common notes in these two fragrances?Suppose it can't be many cause it smells very different.And can someone with a good nose list all the top,middle and bottom notes for printemps?I'm tryng to pin down whatever it is in it that makes it so irresistable.

22. Anonymous says:

Sorry, I'll be no help at all as I haven't even smelled it. I assumed they would just tone down the sweetness and add some citrus, but sounds like maybe they've tweaked it more than that.

23. Anonymous says:

I have the original Miss Dior Cherie, I smelled this one, the only difference is that, it seems they added water to the original one and priced it $5.00 less. LOL

24. Anonymous says:

I've only smelled it very briefly on a card, but I thought they tweaked it a bit…

25. Anonymous says:

It's a lot more mature of a scent than the copy lead me to believe; at least, to me. The orange is deep and ripe; it's not that candy orange that pops up in everything. And the “signature chypre” really heightens the elegance of it. I bought it after the first smelling. Amazingly, I haven't regretted it yet. In fact, it's in my rotation, not like some of my other impulse purchases. I'm hoping I can still find it in stores this weekend when I go to stock up.

26. Anonymous says:

I'll have to give it another shot, it didn't really grab me that much.

27. Anonymous says:

Hi Robin !

I smelt it ! hmmm.. I'm not sure but my nose told me that

It's smell like Ralph Cool.NOT SURE. cause this is my first.

and I dunno how long the scent can b, I dunno how to say ;(

But after I sprayed it on card, after 5 minutes, I can't smell anything !

28. Anonymous says:

Oh dear, only 5 minutes?? That is not good news.

29. Anonymous says:

OMG Robin !

I'm sorry, I haven't smell this one yet :(

I smelt Blooming Bouquet:….

sorry 4 misunderstanding ;(