Celine Dion Sensational, Jil Sander Sport Water & Sun Men Fresh ~ new fragrances

Celine Dion Sensational perfumeCeline Dion will launch her latest perfume for women, Sensational, this coming March, shortly after the start of her Taking Chances World Tour.

Symrise's Maurice Roucel created a modern, luminous floral scent. He said he chose heart notes of orris and mimosa to reflect Dion's sensual, delicate and vibrant sides. The fragrance also has top notes of icy pear, crisp apple and plum; heart notes including jasmine and freesia, plus base notes of amber, musk and sandalwood.

Celine Dion Sensational will be available in 15, 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching body products. (via Women's Wear Daily)

Other recent launches from Celine Dion: Spring in Paris, Paris Nights.

Update: "Samples of the [Celine Dion Sensational] fragrance will feature with Dion’s CD and DVD products thanks to a partnership with entertainment firm Sony, reinforcing the link between the entertainer and her fragrances." (via cosmeticnews)

Jil Sander Sport Water perfume for womenJil Sander will launch two summer limited edition fragrances for 2008, Sport Water for women and Sun Men Fresh for men.

Jil Sander Sport Water (shown) is a floral aquatic fragrance for women, "ideal for use after sport and on hot days". It was developed by perfumer Emilie Copperman and features notes of green peach leaves, yuzu, paradise seeds, white tea, wet rose petals, watery jasmine, amber, holy wood and ambrette seeds. It will be available as in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching body products.

Jil Sander Sun Men Fresh is a fresh take on the original Sun Men. The fragrance was developed by perfumer Béatrice Piquet and includes sea water, ozone, bergamot, solar plumeria, geranium, cardamom, musk and amber. It will be available in 125 ml Eau de Toilette. (via moodiereport)

Other recent launches from Jil Sander: Jil Sander Sport Fitness, Jil Sander Man, Stylessence, Scent 79 Man & Woman.

1. Anonymous says:

Jil Sander will be on my list-to-try-scents this spring. I like Jil Sanders fragrances. Only had one of her fragrances in the '80s, so who knows may this year another one :)

Don't know about Celine Dion. Never tried her fragrances, not even on paper.

2. Anonymous says:

How many fragrances has Celine released? It feels like 150. Surely she must have a sense of humour in there, and will eventually release one called 'Ond an dond' (as she notoriouskly pronounced 'on and on' in that interminable Titanic song).

3. Anonymous says:

I thought Stylessence was really nicely done, although in the end it's just too sweet for me. Many JS scents I still haven't tried though.

4. Anonymous says:

Celine Dion is wack-a-doo. I was just amazed by how well she did (financially) in Vegas with her show – I don't know anyone who is a fan personally, so I can't understand the draw. It made her one of the richest women in entertainment! I think it would be a fun experience to hang out with her for about a day, then collapse from exhaustion and never see her again! LOL!

A look at some Celine “moments”: http://gigglesugar.com/918325

5. Anonymous says:

LOL — I don't think she's even done 10 yet, although it may feel like many, many more.

6. Anonymous says:

maurice roucell is doing celine's new one – he did one of my all-time faves, musc ravageur. do you think he can bring something special to the corporate brief and budget for this one? hope so.

7. Anonymous says:

Celine Dion is a strong mature woman. I believe that she takes the perfumes business serious enough.

Maybe another one for my to-try-list?

8. Anonymous says:

Samples of Celine Dion's “Enchanting” was in her cd/dvd set. Sensational wasn't there. Beautiful ad

9. Anonymous says:

How was Enchanting? Sorry to say I've never smelled a single one of her scents.

10. Anonymous says:

Minette, one can always hope :-)

11. Anonymous says:

Her perfumes sell, that is all I know on the subject!

12. Anonymous says:

Celine Dion is the farthest thing from a Wack-A-Doo! She is a very classy lady, and she can actually SING. One ofthe greatest singers. Enchanting smells alright. I wouldn't buy it, but my friend has Notes and Belong. She loves em. I'm wondering WHY can't you get her scents at Macy's and other stores of that Caliber?

13. Anonymous says:

You have to watch that video to know what I mean by wacky! I actually think it's pretty endearing how goofy she acts, makes her much more likeable (less diva like you might expect). I do admire her powerful voice, she's just not my style.

*Well, at least now I can say I “know” some Celine Dion fans – you guys jumped right in there to defend her. I can respect that! :)

14. Anonymous says:

i've always thought she was pretty whack

15. Anonymous says:

Good question (about Macy's). They're doing a bigger push on this one, so perhaps it will be more widely distributed.

16. Anonymous says:

I'll just step in here, gingerly and respectfully, to ask, how much wider distribution can one ask for than every CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, WalMart, Target, KMart et al in the US? Seems to me I see her fragrances everywhere! Sorry to say that I never checked out who the perfumers are for her scents. I, too, have always thought she is very talented but not my style at all, so maybe that's stopped me from trying out any of her fragrances. Kind of like I've never tried most celeb scents. Maybe I should change that – the gift sets of such drugstore scents are always offered at such great prices around the holidays. :)

17. Anonymous says:

LOL — I didn't speak precisely at all, I guess what I meant was “higher end” distribution!

18. Anonymous says:

i am a big fan and she is very talented.

19. Anonymous says:

It's hard for me to be objective because she's so ugly and her singing has no emotion. She's seriously so ugly you could tie a leg of lamb around her neck and even the dogs wouldn't play with her. You have to laugh at that one.

20. Anonymous says:

Wow — not going to let you see my picture!