Michel Germain Sexual Fresh Pour Homme, Gres Hommage a Marlene Dietrich ~ new fragrances

Michel Germain Sexual Fresh cologne for menSexual Fresh is the latest fragrance for men from Michel Germain:

Séxual fresh, Michel Germain’s crisp new men’s fragrance, is undeniably clean, masculine, and sexy, making it completely irresistible. The only fragrance to blend cool and warm notes together to create a crisp, cool sexiness, séxual fresh is the first of its kind – a revolutionary fragrance.

The notes include mandarin, grapefruit, bergamot, lavender, green oak moss and "a blend of aphrodisiacs so complex, that it is never to be revealed".

Michel Germain Sexual Fresh Pour Homme is available in 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette, and can be found at bloomingdales.

Gres Hommage a Marlene DietrichComing next spring from Grès, a trio of new fragrances called Hommage à Marlene Dietrich:

My Dream – Hommage à Marlene Dietrich is a classic floral with mandarin, pineapple, melon, black currants, apple, clove, Casablanca lily, lily of the valley, rose, violet, orange blossom, heliotrope, sandalwood, iris, vanilla, ambra and musk.

My Life – Hommage à Marlene Dietrich is a chypre featuring orange blossom, wisteria, pink grapefruit, rum extract, Sambac jasmine, heliotrope, cedar, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, labdanum and benzoin.

My Passion – Hommage à Marlene Dietrich includes notes of apple, cinnamon, lily of the valley, orange blossom, salicylate, ambra, vanilla and musk.

The Grès Hommage à Marlene Dietrich fragrances will be available in 60 ml Eau de Parfum at €59 each. (via moodiereport)

Update: the perfumers for Hommage à Marlene Dietrich were Jean-Christophe Herault (My Dream), Sidonie Lancesseur (My Passion) and Marie Salamagne (My Life). (via cosmeticnews).

1. Anonymous says:

If I could I would go and try this one even if not for myself.

I have Sexual for women and bought it at The Bay in Toronto in 2005. It was a gift set with bath gel, body creme and a small bottle of the perfume. The body creme is very good and it's scent stays on a long time.

2. Anonymous says:

Okay, I'm excited about the Gres. But do we need *three* of them? How about just one, and make it really really great? And I may have caught your stage-five perfumista bug of rampant cynicism. Is it me, or do these sound suspiciously fruity? What would Marlene think?

3. Anonymous says:

Let's not forget that there some excellent fruity florals available. So let's not skip them as if they are not worthwile to explore.

4. Anonymous says:

I know I've tried Sexual but can't remember it very well — will need to get to Bloomies & try it again.

5. Anonymous says:

They do all sound fruity! And my rampant cynicism mostly said: “My Life, My Dream, My Passion” — couldn't they have come up with less mundane names? For Marlene Dietrich?

6. Anonymous says:

I think at this point there are more of them than many of us care to explore.

7. Anonymous says:

didn't Piper Nigrum do the cool/warm thing as well with the mint and pepper? Not to mention the incense and camphor in encense et lavande and camhor and smoky woods in Gris Clair..

8. Anonymous says:

Seriously, there are too many such scents to list. That claim cracked me up.

9. Anonymous says:

OK, ok, no problem. Un Jardin sur le Nil is a fruity floral and I just discovered that one today and I loved it. LOL

10. Anonymous says:

It is true that JSLN has fruit, but it isn't classified as a fruity floral. Then again, don't think any of the new Gres MD scents are classified as fruity florals either.

11. Anonymous says:

You're right. Osmoz.fr qualifies it as a floral fruity, so it's a floral.

12. Anonymous says:

They do? That would be the same as a fruity floral. Michael Edwards lists it as a woods scent. Ah well, either way, it doesn't smell like a fruity floral to me.

13. Anonymous says:

Point well taken. I was just expecting something else. Leather, smoke, civet, a single white gardenia? More streamlined and darker-sounding. But you are right, you can't judge until you smell it.

14. Anonymous says:

Robin, it cracked me up, too. What a ridiculous thing to say! Lots of scents blend cool and warm, or, more usually, start out cool and then warm up–to name just three recent ones that come to mind, CK IN2U Him, L'Instant du Guerlain Pour Homme, and Dior's Fahrenheit 32.

Anyway, I'm completely finished with anything nowadays that calls itself “fresh” (or “aqua” or anything along those lines). They're just code words for synthetic, boring, done to death.

15. Anonymous says:

Strangé? :-)

I think it sounds like a half-assed attemp to do a celebrity fragrance with a dead celebrity!.

But on the other hand, grés has some good stuff ( the original cabotine is, IMHO, a little gem) and Marlene was a classy lady, at least onscreen. And I understand that naming a fragrance after her, you rather stay away from the specifics.

And now I should stop. As terrible names involving marlene's alleged sexual orientation and the word tuxedo make up weird and unmarketable fragrance names in my head!

Thank God It's Friday!!!! :-)

Regards

P.

16. Anonymous says:

LOL — thank you for maintaining restraint!

Gres does have some wonderful scents, but have to admit I haven't tried the latest few. Haven't even *seen* the latest few, so don't know what their US distribution is.

17. Anonymous says:

The word “fresh” isn't appealing to me even in fragrance descriptions, much less in the name. “Sexual” + “fresh” together is just funny.

18. Anonymous says:

I'd like to second marchlions comment. Something along the lines of the notes she mentioned, that would be Marlene. Dark, sultry, smokey. Somehow the Josef Statkus notes make me think of Marlene (although I've not smelled it yet), dressed in a men's suit, sultry looking, androgynous. Even Cabochard, my original love from Gres, seems more like her than the notes posted. Sigh.

19. Anonymous says:

Didn't JS use her picture for the scent advertising? Yes, perfect match.

20. Anonymous says:

There already is Angelique Encens, which was created for Marlene and worn by her for years, I believe. Going by what AE smells like, she wasn't really a girl for mandarine and apple cinnamon.

21. Anonymous says:

Oh, completely forgot about that, thanks!

22. Anonymous says:

from my reading of her through the bio her daughter, Maria Riva wrote, Marlene, Marlene was a life long lover of leather fragrances. She wasn't a big floral lover. Though she did have a tuberose phase though in the 30's from what I read in her daughter's bio on her mom. She mentioned of how sickeningly sweet the tuberoses were that her mom put out for a passed away loved one, I think that's why she was in this tuberose phase of hers. Funny, in the bio her daughter wrote, I don't remember any mentions of Creed and her wearing the Angelique Encens fragrance at all. I read that she wore Knize Ten since she had her tuxedoes and men's clothing that she loved to wear made by Knize Tailors. Marlene was a leather gal. Not a fruity floral gal. At least that was my impression after reading that book.

23. Anonymous says:

Interesting on the Knize Ten, thanks! For my part, I don't think they have to necessarily create a scent she would love in order to do justice to “Hommage a Marlene Dietrich”, but they should at least do something that reflects her life in some way.