Everlast Cactus Shot, Uppercut ~ new fragrances for men

Everlast Cactus Shot cologne for menLast year, Everlast followed up on their debut fragrance, Everlast Original 1910, with two new fragrances for men, Cactus Shot and Uppercut.

Cactus Shot (shown) is a citrus scent, and features bergamot, mandarin, sweet orange, angelica, fig tree, orange blossom, musk, sandalwood and vetiver.

Uppercut is an aromatic fougere developed by perfumer Olivier Pescheux, and includes notes of bergamot, lemon, petitgrain, anise, cardamom, nutmeg, pepper, cedar, moss, musk and sandalwood.

Everlast Cactus Shot & Uppercut are available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching grooming products. Cactus Shot appears to be sold exclusively in Latin America; Uppercut is available in some European markets as well. (via infonews, accademiadelprofumo.it)

1. Anonymous says:

I hate to say it, but Cactus Shot's notes sound really good to me.

2. Anonymous says:

Uppercut??

I confess I am glad these are restricted to the Latin American market….

3. Anonymous says:

They both sound good to me, actually!

4. Anonymous says:

I am assuming Uppercut & Cactus Shot are both boxing terms??? I wouldn't know, but if not, they are both weird names.

But I don't think they sound half bad — in fact, they sound as good as any number of higher priced men's releases this year.

5. Anonymous says:

Cactus Shot. It's really a drink, right?

6. Anonymous says:

I own Cactus Shot (it was a gift from one of my boyfriends employees who has family in Latin America) – I scoffed at the bottle when I received it expecting to not like it, but it's actually very nice.

It does have that 'synthetic' sharp smell of it's notes – but it's ozonic qualities are up-to-par with Silver Mountain Water (Creed). It's longevity is a little short-lived…but then so are some L'Artisans right? :)

And yes…these are 'boxing terms' – although I have no idea what move a Cactus Shot entails.

7. Anonymous says:

I was going to comment on this earlier, but I was afraid of growing my reputation as ad-copy-Nazi. A fragrance that'll knock you out (upper cut), made by a company called Everlast. I'm a little frightened of being laid flat and assaulted by a fragrance for (how long is a match?) ten rounds. :)

8. Anonymous says:

LOL — we *need* an ad-copy-Nazi, so do feel free to chime in :-)

9. Anonymous says:

Sounds like one — and actually, a google search mostly turns up shot glasses shaped like cactus. So maybe it has nothing to do with boxing (?)

10. Anonymous says:

Hello!

I am new here and wanted to start my journey by saying “Hi”. You have a lovely blog I love it.

11. Anonymous says:

Argh…Uppercut! What a tragic name, lovely notes on both though. But still….Uppercut?!? What is the target market population? It boggles the mind…

12. Anonymous says:

Thanks skincarebeauty, and welcome!

13. Anonymous says:

I don't mind the name although it sounds a bit weird to me. But guessing that young men who like the Everlast brand won't mind it at all.

14. Anonymous says:

as far as I know – the license for it belongs now to Etienne de Swardt, who is The Man after Etat Libre d`Orange :)

15. Anonymous says: