Miss Carlota, Guerlain Bois d’Armenie and Penhaligons Lily & Spice ~ new fragrances

Miss Carlota fragrancesMiss Carlota is a new trio of perfumes from French beauty salon & spa Carlota. Lait Miel is a gourmand fragrance with notes of bergamot, peach, apricot, jasmine, violet, tuberose, heliotrope, tiare, monoi, honey, coconut milk, chocolate, vanilla, dried fruits and caramel; Ambre Musc Santal features citrus, floral notes, patchouli, sandal, cistus, vanilla, benzoin and musk; Rose Jasmin Fleur d'Oranger has the three floral notes of its name in addition to violet, ylang ylang and woody musk.(via osmoz & creassence)

Guerlain will launch the next fragrance in the L'Art et la Matiere line, Bois d'Armenie, in September:

The top notes are incense, iris and pink pepper combined with woody heart notes. The dry down comprises benzoin, coriander, Indonesian patchouli, white musk and copahu balsam.

Also in September, Penhaligons will launch a new fragrance, Lily & Spice: "The strident top note of the Madonna lily is tempered by saffron and patchouli and a musky, powdery drydown." (both above via cosmeticsintl) Update: see a review of Penhaligons Lily & Spice.

1. Anonymous says:

Love those bottles! Lait Miel sounds like a perfect comfort scent. Do you know if these will be available in the U.S.? Bois d'Armenie has now officially become my top lemming. Thanks for the post!

2. Anonymous says:

Oh goodness, a whole bunch of lemmings! I'm with Ina, aching for the Bois d'Armenie (it couldn't possibly be as sweet as Angelique Noire, could it?). And those Carlota bottles look strangely like the SL 50mls, don't they?

3. Anonymous says:

*Reads about Bois d'Armenie*

*Lapses into coma*

WANT!!

4. Anonymous says:

Sorry but I really don't know…although somehow I doubt it.

5. Anonymous says:

I hope it isn't as sweet as the AN! We'll see…and yes, everyone seems to be doing those tall bottles now.

6. Anonymous says:

*waves smelling salts*

7. Anonymous says:

R, the Guerlain does not sound like something I would like, but it is a Guerlain so…I have got to at least test it! LOL!

Hugs!

8. Anonymous says:

Hi Ina,

For more information about Carlota's fragrances:

http://www.carlota.com or : + 33 1 47 47 12 12

ambroxan

9. Anonymous says:

L'Art et la Matiere line: What is this? I suppose it's absolutely glorious, prohibitively expensive, and only available at the flagship store in Paris?

10. Anonymous says:

Precisely :-)

11. Anonymous says:

Here you go:

You can also find them now at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC.

12. Anonymous says:

Okay, I have been coming to this site for about 2 solid months. I love it, but have not felt compelled to write until now… Robin, how could you tease a girl like this? That Miss Carlota Lait Miel sounds like it could be the one for me and you don't think I can get it here the states??! Should we even really mention it then? I am on the quest for my HG and damnit, I think this could be the one! HELP!

13. Anonymous says:

Oh, my dear Miss R, I am holding you responsible for this new lemming! Bois d'Armenie is going directly to the top of my wishlist. :-)

14. Anonymous says:

Go to the website http://www.carlota.com, and use the “Contact” page to email them and ask! And I do try to mention even Europe-only fragrances, because you never know what will appear in the States eventually :-)

15. Anonymous says:

I have a feeling it will be at the top of many lists! It does sound nice, and would love to know which nose is doing it.

16. Anonymous says:

Hi, I send you this message just to let you know that Guerlain Bois d'Arménie is already released, at least, in France. I've smelt it in late July. it's smells like the paper you can burn in your house. It is quite funny to smell though I wonder who could be able to wear it.

17. Anonymous says:

Thanks for posting! I do not know if Bergdorf Goodman in NYC has it yet, but I have not smelled it myself. I rather like smoky scents, but if that is all there is to it, it might not be something I need to own.