Ferragamo F, Versace Bright Crystal & more new perfumes

F by Ferragamo perfumeFerragamo will launch F by Ferragamo (see bottle at right), a "floral formula created by Francis Kurkdjian", this September.

The fragrance will replace Ferragamo Incanto, although new Incanto flankers, like Incanto Dream and Incanto Charms, will continue to launch every year. (via cosmeticnews)

Ferragamo F is available in Eau de Parfum (30, 50 and 90 ml) and in matching body products. The bottle design is meant to evoke a Ferragamo sandal.

Bvlgari will repackage and relaunch Pour Femme and Pour Homme this fall, and will launch Pour Homme Soir in September.

Versace Bright Crystal fragranceVersace has launched Bright Crystal, a fragrance with pomegranate, iced accord, yuzu, magnolia, peony, lotus flowers, plant amber, acajou and musk. (both above via moodiereport) Versace Bright Crystal was developed by perfumer Alberto Morillas, and according to Sephora, was "inspired by a mixture of Donatella Versace's favorite floral fragrances". It is available in 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching body products.

Cacharel will launch L'Eau Legere Anais-Anais, a summer limited edition of the classic fragrance of the late 70s. The juice has been tweaked with notes of orange blossom, tiare, ylang ylang and chocolate flower. In France it will be exclusive to Marionnaud, no word on whether it will be released in the US. (via parfumessence)

Ermenegildo Zegna has released Z Zegna Design by Ducati, a limited edition bottle design for the Z Zegna fragrance created in collaboration with Ducati, the Italian motorcyle company. It is available now at sephora.

1. Anonymous says:

I also saw AA eau legere at French duty free – nice, but not earthshattering – the orange blossom is more prominent in this vs the lily in the original. I'd probablyrec it to people who thought the original was too heavy, but wouldn't buy it myself. And what the heck is chocolate flower?

2. Anonymous says:

Cacao is a flowering tree, but I have read that the blossoms are odorless — so I assume that is just a fancier way of saying they've added a chocolate note (?)

3. Anonymous says:

And in the same vein – what is 'iced accord'. Iced what? Water?

4. Anonymous says:

That's interesting about the blossoms – because doesn't TerraNova have a Red Tea and Cocoa Blossom fragrance?

D – someone needs to come out with Eau de Eau – featuring ice water accord – maybe throw in some humming refrigerator accord, glacial accord….

5. Anonymous says:

I have some I could sell you this very instant, in an attractive green glass bottle for, ooh, just £25 for 250ml. I'm taking a *small* markup of course.

6. Anonymous says:

Bvlgari have already tried this wheeze. It's called Omnia.

7. Anonymous says:

LOL…don't know in this case if they mean a water accord, or one of those chemicals with a cooling effect.

8. Anonymous says:

*weeps for my poor Omnia*

9. Anonymous says:

I've got a mini of the lotion, and it says “Red Tea & Cocoa Butter”, but haven't seen the fragrance so it might say Blossom.

10. Anonymous says:

*rolls eyes* Just cos you are one of the Favoured Ones who can smell the stuff! (I'm still not convinced, LOL).

11. Anonymous says:

A vote for Omnia here. 'Tis one of very few recent offerings that's not busy or messy. Bright woods and spicy mandarin, without the ubiquitous vanilla, it's quite elegant. Me likes a lot, too bad my GF doesn't :-(.

12. Anonymous says:

Well, there are probably more people on your side than mine on this issue ;-)

13. Anonymous says:

Quite agree with all of your description, it is beautifully done. But many people swear they cannot smell a thing after 15 minutes…

14. Anonymous says:

Woods, manderin and vanilla? Now my interest is peaked. “Omnia” is on the to-do list.

“Anais-Anais” always sounded so lovely to me, but I had a difficult time understanding this fragrance when I had the chance to smell it (perhaps my nose had been adjusted to the chemical scents of the 90's, early millenium.) “Anais-Anais” smelled heavy/muddy on my skin. It's not that I fail to understand scent identities of certain eras, I just found this one particularily not to my preference. “Chloe” is another that had the same effect on me.

(- As a side note, I'm still enjoying “Missoni”, but in small doses. It is an intense fragrance, bursting with nearly everything, but it remains interesting to me.)

15. Anonymous says:

… or the only note they can smell is the mandarin, I know. But hey, you and I can enjoy it even after 3 hours, right? And that's what matters :-))

16. Anonymous says:

I don't see how Anais Anais could be considered “heavy” by any stretch – it is so ethereal to me! Especially since they discontinued the real perfume and all you can get is eau de toilette anymore. I wore it for many years, just hated when they stopped making the parfum and the utterly fantastic bath oil. Sob! I would love to try the new version, but I can't imagine liking it more than the original.

17. Anonymous says:

It's always amazing to me, how fragrance evolves so uniquely on different bodies! Chemistry magic, you could say. You mention how light and airy Anais-Anais smells on you—a friend of mine has worn it as well and I think it smells wonderful on her! On me, however, it just smells grungy. It can be so diconcerting to be captivated by a scent on someone, only to find that same scent fizzle or explode into something icky on your own arm.

18. Anonymous says:

It has been years since I've smelled it, and can only imagine it has been massively reformulated. I remember it as very sweet (?) and perhaps that is why some find it heavy.

19. Anonymous says:

Omnia is very much worth trying!

20. Anonymous says:

I've always considered Anais Anais unwearably heavy so the new version sounds interesting.

On the eau de eau issue, there is a ferragamo (the one in the tall bottle, been out about 7 years, can't remember the name) that I cannot smell at all

21. Anonymous says:

See the comment below…looks like you are not alone.

22. Anonymous says:

Basenotes is down at the moment or I'd try to figure out which Ferragamo came out around that time…

23. Anonymous says:

I recently tried Versace's “Bright Crystal” and liked it so much, that I purchased an edp and lotion. There is a very satisfying plumminess to it, that makes it more than a common floral. It's like some delcicious wine (well, without the yeastiness) touched with spice. There is a slight sweetness but nothing overwhelmingly buttercream-like(a note that seems to soak every scent, these days). The whole thing is like a velvety plum–which may explain its massive popularity in the Asian market, as plum is a very traditionally asian scent note. I love it!

24. Anonymous says:

Sounds lovely, I'll have to give it a try…only managed a quick spray on a card but have never tried on skin.

25. Anonymous says:

I tried it yesterday and LOVED it. I was very frustrated and angry when I walked into the store (bad day) and smelling bright crystal instantly made me relaxed and calm. I found it very soothing. You are so right! It is sweet but not in an overpowering way. At the same time it is fresh and airy with a youthful feel to it. I find it so feminin. Can't wait to get myself a bottle of bright crystal!

26. Owen says:

Versace Crystal is so funny, I actually laughed in the middle of House Of Fraser yesterday.

it really does smell of fake tan haha. I might have to get it LOL.

• Owen says:

then again it fades too quickly
      my cousin got 50ml of it while we were in Tenerife though lol