L'Artisan Mandarine Tout Simplement & other new fragrances for Spring

L'Artisan Mandarine Tout Simplement

L'Artisan has launched Mandarine Tout Simplement, a limited edition summer fragrance for 2006.

The Eau de Toilette was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti and features green mandarin, ginger, yellow mandarin, frangipani, red mandarin, and white cedar.

Update: see a review of L'Artisan Mandarine Tout Simplement.

New from Histoires de Parfums: 1969, the first "Parfum de Révolte", with notes of cardamom, carnations, patchouli and white musk. (Both above are available now at first-in-fragrance).

Element of Desire is the latest fragrance release from Creative Universe. The fragrance features notes of rain drenched greens, citrus, dimbula tea, apricot, peony blossom, water jasmine, pink muguet, white sandalwood and golden amber. Creative Universe Element of Desire is available now at luckyscent.

According to Parfum: Les Nouveautes, the major fragrance release for women coming from Guerlain this fall (the one that will be fronted by actress Hilary Swank) will be called Insolence, and is due for launch in September. Update: see a review of Guerlain Insolence.

Also found via Parfum: Les Nouveautes, the latest fragrance from MAC: Dejarose, with Bulgarian, Turkish and Tea red roses, green notes, orchid, lily, jasmine, peony, red raspberry, pink pepper, woods, patchouli and amber crystal.

L'Occitane has launched Thé Vert au Jasmin (Green Tea with Jasmin) with notes of bitter orange, orange essential oil, pomelo, cardamom, green tea extract, jasmine absolute from Grasse, thyme and cedar. It is available now at drugstore.com.

1. Anonymous says:

I found the Mandarine to be tart and juicy at first, then nicely woody – then gone. I tested it along with Carthusia Mediterraneo and it wasn't as as powerfully citrussy as the the Carthusia, and also didn't last anything like as long. Even by l'Artisan standards, this was a short pleasure!

2. Anonymous says:

Oh, too bad it is a short pleasure. But still, I don't mind reapplying, so maybe, I'd still fall for it. It sounds lovely.

3. Anonymous says:

What is frangipani doing in my summer citrus scent? I would totally be on board with L'Artisan Mandarine were it not for that one pesky note!

4. Anonymous says:

Drat!! I am determined to hold out hope though. Any chance you were applying from a fragrance vial instead of a spray?

5. Anonymous says:

I don't mind either, unless it is gone in less than 30 minutes. I am going to remain hopeful, although this isn't the first mention of “fleeting” that I've seen.

6. Anonymous says:

Hard to believe it is very strong in Mandarine — the summer scents are usually very transparent. Not that *I'd* mind the frangipani, mind you!

7. Anonymous says:

Alas, R, it was a spray – one of those nice ones First-in-fragrance send out. I have to say that I've been having problems of a sinoid (is there such a word?…anyway, you can see why I was so intruigued by the Happy nasal spray yesterday!) nature, so it may be that others will smell more and that it doesn't fade quite as quickly as it seemed to me. But I really couldn't detect ~anything~ after half an hour.

8. Anonymous says:

Aha — sinus problems! *happily slinks back into denial*

And seriously, hope you feel better soon N!

9. Anonymous says:

Ooooh I can't wait to try the Mandarine! I am a big fan of Olivia Giacobetti perfumes. L'Artisan does such nice bottles for its summer editions.

10. Anonymous says:

Me too! Didn't love Extrait de Songe, but the notes of this one are much more appealing to me.