Fifi Award finalists 2006

Fifi awardThe Fragrance Foundation has announced the finalists for this year's Fifi Awards (see the semi-finalists here), following the Fifi Finalist's Breakfast which was held yesterday morning. The final awards will be presented on April 3rd at a ceremony to be held at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. And the finalists are:

Nouveau Niche ~ Women’s

Bond no. 9 Bleecker Street
Canali Men
Christian Dior Dior Homme
Bond no. 9 Hamptons

Luxe ~ Men’s

Bvlgari Aqua pour Homme
Giorgio Armani Armani Code (formerly Black Code)
Baldessarini Del Mar
DKNY Be Delicious Men
Ralph Lauren Polo Black
Ermenegildo Zegna Z Zegna

Interior Scent of the Year

L’Artisan Parfumeur Aedes De Venustas candle
Latitudes International for Apothia candles
Bond No. 9 New York Chinatown, So New York And Wall Street candles
L’Artisan Parfumeur Bottega Veneta Intreccio No. 2 candle
Crabtree & Evelyn Fall ’05 Home Collection

You can see the rest of the categories on the Fragrance Foundation website. See also: the Fragrance Awards page.

Your votes?

1. Anonymous says:

Hmm, well I think for me the women's are much easier than the men's:

WNN: Chinatown

WL: SJP Lovely

None of the men's really struck me, but I guess I'll pick anyway.

MNN: GA Prive Bois d'Encens (but too $$$$)

ML: Bvlgari AQVA (it's the only one I've smelled)

Interior Scent: The Bond No.9 Candles (even though I can't afford them)

2. Anonymous says:

Good picks. I agree with your women's. Can't decide on the men's. The Armanis are a good choice, but having trouble coming up with any opinion at all on the men's luxe.

3. Anonymous says:

yeah, and on second thought, I am considering retracting my vote for AQVA because I can't remember even being particularly moved by it.

Oh well…

4. Anonymous says:

How are the fragrances categorised? What's the difference between Nouveau Niche and Luxe?

5. Anonymous says:

Just the number of stores the fragrances are sold in. Luxe means a wider release.

6. Anonymous says:

Thanks, R! I am delighted to see the Bonds in the finalists!

7. Anonymous says:

Thought you would be, P!

8. Anonymous says:

Fantasy??? FANTASY?!?!

I think my friend put it best when she said “Fantasy? Oh, you mean the one that smells like a baby hooker!”

Although, coming from someone who actually purchased and liked a juice by another dim blonde celebrity (no! I'm not telling!)(Okay, fine, it rhymes with Haris Pilton. *sob*), my opinion probably isn't worth much…

9. Anonymous says:

LOL! I will be very surprised if Fantasy wins. I'm betting it will be Lovely, and if not that, then Michael Kors Island. My record of accurately predicting Fifi Awards is probably not good though :-)