1. Anonymous says:

She is the one who worked at Guerlain. I do not find bespoke perfume appealing for some reason. Maybe, it is because I do not have the cash, or perhaps it is because there are too many wonderful things that suit me as it is.

2. Anonymous says:

V, Am I remembering correctly that she did the first version of Shalimar Light? I need to go verify on LT's blog.

3. Anonymous says:

Hello R! Yes of course – I have all the disposable amount to spluge on one for all of us – NOT! This is ludicrous and however wonderful it maybe – I am like V – there are too many things that suit me and I love being a total perfume fanatic. :))

4. Anonymous says:

Yes, she did Shalimar Eau Legere, which then was replaced by Shalimar Light. They are pretty much the same. I read this elsewhere too.

Another thing I do not find appealing about bespoke perfume is a large amount of juice you get. Even more than 1oz frightens me. I have so much that usually 1/8oz lasts me for ages.

5. Anonymous says:

N, I want a custom perfume because a specific scent I've had in mind for a long time just doesn't exist…but not likely that I will spend 60,000 euros to get it!

6. Anonymous says:

Thanks V, I thought that was her.

The article did not specify the amount you would get…but I suppose if you had 60,000 euros for a fragrance, you could afford to buy the appropriate refrigeration system to keep it fresh :-)

7. Anonymous says:

I agree R – if there is something very specific you have in mind. I would rather get someone more affordable than pay such a huge amount and frankly pay Cartier their rent! I thought Roja's two were interesting but for 1500 GBP a pop albeit in Lalique bottles – I personally would rather invest in some other things.

8. Anonymous says:

Oh yeah, baby! Sixty thousand euros (and the dollar is weak!). Sign me up!

What a waste…perfume should be a shared experience, not a selfish, exclusive one. Think of what one could do with that kind of money to improve themselves, their environment or to help others.

On the other hand, I don't think Cartier is looking for customers like us…

Oh well!

Hugs!

9. Anonymous says:

R, you are quite right…we are not the customer base they are looking for, and I doubt they will be contacting either of us personally to see if we are interested ;-)

Hugs to you too, hope you are well!

10. Anonymous says:

What a bloody ripoff.

11. Anonymous says:

Actually just noticed that Parfums de Nicolai is now offering custom fragrances too — or maybe they always did and I didn't notice. This seems to be the next big thing in conspicuous consumption.

12. Anonymous says:

Patricia de Nicolai always did custom fragrances, but she has been very low key about it, and her stores in Paris are nice, but are friendly, accessible and unpretentious. No white and gold and crystal chandeliers to attract the Place Vendome or big spending wahhabi crowd.

For that amount of money, I would much rather buy a painting.

13. Anonymous says:

Thank you, I wasn't sure — her old website did not mention it that I remember, but her new site is much more informative.

14. Anonymous says:

It's audacious and perhaps foolish for a jeweler, which offers fragrances as a way to capitalize on its luxury brand with a lower-cost product, to try to stand the whole thing on its head and charge high-end jewel prices for perfume. At least when you wear Cartier rubies everyone can see you're rich!

Furthermore, if you had all that money for a custom scent, why would you go to Cartier, which is known more for its jewels, rather than Guerlain, Caron, or Patou?

It gets sillier and sillier the more you think about it.

15. Anonymous says:

I suppose you would be tempted either for the Cartier name, or by Mathilde Laurent? Dunno. Obviously I know very little about the shopping habits of the rich & famous ;-)

16. Anonymous says:

if i was rich i woul spend money on this i am sure.